Number eight important in numerology, but as well it’s a second most magical number in nuclear physics. In particle physics, the eightfold way is used to classify sub-atomic particles. In astronomy, Messier object M8, a magnitude 5.0 nebula in the constellation of Sagittarius.
The New General Catalogue object NGC 8, a double star in the constellation Pegasus. Since the demotion of Pluto to a dwarf planet on August 24, 2006, in our Solar System, eight of the bodies orbiting the Sun are considered to be planets.
Eight seems to be also the atomic number of oxygen. All spiders, and more generally all arachnids, have eight legs. Orb-weaver spiders of the cosmopolitan family Areneidae have eight similar eyes. The octopus and its cephalopod relatives in genus Argonauta have eight arms (tentacles).
Timothy Leary identified a hierarchy of eight levels of consciousness. There are eight cervical nerves on each side in man and most mammals.In human adult dentition there are eight teeth in each quadrant. The eighth tooth is the so-called wisdom tooth.
- Various types of buildings are usually eight-sided (octagonal), such as single-roomed gazebos and multi-roomed pagodas (descended from stupas; see religion section below).
- Eight caulicoles rise out of the leafage in a Corinthian capital, ending in leaves that support the volutes.
The Dharmacakra, a Buddhist symbol, has eight spokes. The Buddha’s principal teaching—the Four Noble Truths—ramifies as the Noble Eightfold Path and the Buddha emphasizes the importance of the eight attainments or jhanas.
1 Peter 3:20 states that there were eight people on Noah’s Ark. The Antichrist is the eighth king in the Book of Revelation. In Islam, eight is the number of angels carrying the throne of Allah in heaven. The number of gates of heaven in Islam.
The Eight Immortals are Chinese demigods. In Wicca, there are eight Sabbats, festivals, seasons, or spokes in the Wheel of the Year. In Hinduism, it is the number of wealth, abundance. The Goddess Lakshmi has eight forms. There are eight nidhi, or seats of wealth. There are also eight Guardians of the directions. In Taoism and Chinese cosmology, the eight trigrams of the Bagua. “Bagua” literally means “eight symbols”. In Ancient Egyptian mythology, the Ogdoad represents the eight primordial deities of creation. In Scientology there are eight dynamics of existence. The number eight is considered to be a lucky number in Chinese and other Asian cultures. Eight (八; accounting 捌; pinyin bā) is considered a lucky number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word meaning to generate wealth (發(T) 发(S); Pinyin: fā). Property with the number 8 may be valued greatly by Chinese. For example, a Hong Kong number plate with the number 8 was sold for $640,000. The opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics in Beijing started at 8 seconds and 8 minutes past 8 pm (local time) on 8 August 2008.
- Eight (八 hachi, ya) is also considered a lucky number in Japan, but the reason is different from that in Chinese culture. Eight gives an idea of growing prosperous, because the letter (八) broadens gradually.
- The Japanese thought of eight (や ya) as a holy number in the ancient times. The reason is less well-understood, but it is thought that it is related to the fact they used eight to express large numbers vaguely such as manyfold (やえはたえ Yae Hatae) (literally, eightfold and twentyfold), many clouds (やくも Yakumo) (literally, eight clouds), millions and millions of Gods (やおよろずのかみ Yaoyorozu no Kami) (literally, eight millions of Gods), etc. It is also guessed that the ancient Japanese gave importance to pairs, so some researchers guess twice as four (よ yo), which is also guessed to be a holy number in those times because it indicates the world (north, south, east, and west) might be considered a very holy number.
- In numerology, 8 is the number of building, and in some theories, also the number of destruction.
In astrology, Scorpio is the 8th astrological sign of the Zodiac. In the Middle Ages, 8 was the number of “unmoving” stars in the sky, and symbolized the perfection of incoming planetary energy. In Tarot, it’s connected to the card of Justice.
Eight Numerology Profile
- number of tension, but not much tension as 4 (four)
- confrontations with material world
- very influential, important, responsible
- power, independence, ambition, organization
- connected to planet Saturn and sign of Scorpio
- they enjoy power competitions and are very dynamic
- putting goals they want to achieve
- very good at organizing
- career life important
- either they win or accept defeat
- they want to look good but also want to scare others
- good at sports and competitions
- talented for business
- easily frustrated, problematic at home
- sometimes greedy
- number of karma – getting results of actions in present life
- came here to learn how to set goals
Eight Movie List
- Ocean’s 8 (2018) –“Debbie Ocean gathers a crew to attempt an impossible heist at New York City’s yearly Met Gala. “
- The Hateful Eight (2015) – “In the dead of a Wyoming winter, a bounty hunter and his prisoner find shelter in a cabin currently inhabited by a collection of nefarious characters. “
- 8 Mile (2002) “A young rapper, struggling with every aspect of his life, wants to make it big but his friends and foes make this odyssey of rap harder than it may seem. “
- Super 8 (2011)“During the summer of 1979, a group of friends witness a train crash and investigate subsequent unexplained events in their small town. “
- Eighth Grade (2018) “A teenager tries to survive the last week of her disastrous eighth-grade year before leaving to start high school. “
- The Eiger Sanction (1975) “A classical art professor and collector, who doubles as a professional assassin, is coerced out of retirement to avenge the murder of an old friend. “
- Hard Eight (1996) “Professional gambler Sydney teaches John the tricks of the trade. John does well until he falls for cocktail waitress Clementine. “
- 8 Women (2002) “One murdered man, eight women, each seeming to be eager than the others to know the truth. Gimme, gimme, gimme some clues to make up my mind. And eventually enter the truth. Oh, thou cruel woman! “
- 8 Million Ways to Die (1986) “Scudder is a detective with the Sheriff’s Department who is forced to shoot a violent suspect during a narcotics raid. The ensuing psychological aftermath of this shooting worsens his drinking problem and this alcoholism causes him to lose his job, as well as his marriage. During his recovery through Alcoholics Anonymous, he meets a mysterious stranger who draws him back into a world of vice. In trying to help this beautiful woman, he must enter a crime-world of prostitution and drugs to solve a murder, while resisting the temptation to return to his alcohol abuse.”
- When Eight Bells Toll (1971) “In a vein similar to James Bond movies, British Agent Philip Calvert is on a mission to determine the whereabouts of a ship that disappeared near the coast of Scotland. “
- Eight Witnesses (1954) – “Eight blind people witness a scientist’s murder “
8½ (1963) “A harried movie director retreats into his memories and fantasies. ”
Eight Zero Eight (2014) “The real story of the young athlete and artist Elon Constantino and his path through soccer, diving and painting. “
- 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag (1997) “A mob bagman finds that his luggage, containing the proof of his gang’s latest hit, has been switched. “
- Eight Iron Men (1952) “During WW2 in Italy, Sergeant Joe Mooney is leading his small squad on the front-lines but is ordered to avoid rescuing a soldier trapped in no man’s land. “
- Eight Is Enough: A Family Reunion (1987) “Years have passed, and all the Bradfords, with the exception of Nicholas, have moved out of their Sacramento home and started their own lives. They get together for their father’s birthday celebration, and bind together to solve a crisis at his place of employment.”
- Summer of 8 (2016) “Eight close friends soak up their last day of summer together on the beach before parting ways for college. “
- Eight Men Out (1988) “A dramatization of the Black Sox scandal when the underpaid Chicago White Sox accepted bribes to deliberately lose the 1919 World Series. “
- 8 Seconds (1994) “This film chronicles the life of Lane Frost, 1987 PRCA Bull Riding World Champion, his marriage and his friendships with Tuff Hedeman (three-time World Champion) and Cody Lambert. “
- Seal Team Eight: Behind Enemy Lines (2014) “Tom Sizemore stars in the most explosive Behind Enemy Lines yet! Seal Team 8 must fight their way through the Congo to defuse one of the greatest threats the world has ever known.”
- Eight Days a Week (1997) “Peter loves his next door neighbour Erica and, on the advice of his grandfather, decides to camp out on her front lawn for the entire summer, or until she agrees to go out with him. His father is none too happy about the idea and refuses to let his son back in the house, even to get a change of clothes. Peter’s friend, Matt, thinks Peter should give up on women (like he has) and just have sex with fruit, and have a total devotion to masturbation.”
- Eight Girls in a Boat (1934) “In an exclusive Swiss school for young girls, Christa Storm discovers she is going to have a baby, and keeps the secret from everyone but her lover, David Perrin, a young medical student. Having been in the private school most of her life, she can’t confide in her father whom she hardly knows and, while he wishes to but can’t afford to marry her, David can’t get the approval of his father.”
- Eight Gallant Men (1969) “Ho grows up with a keen sense of honor and justice. Looking at life around him under colonialism, he decides to right the wrongs he sees. Gathering a group of seven others like himself from all around the country, they begin a crusade to strike out at their oppressors.”
- Jennifer 8 (1992) “A big-city cop from L.A. moves to a small-town police force and immediately finds himself investigating a murder. Using theories rejected by his colleagues, the cop, John Berlin, meets a young blind woman named Helena, who he is attracted to. Meanwhile, a serial killer is on the loose and only John knows it.”
- Eight Kilos of Happiness (1980) “A film about an incident in the last war when a gypsy girl sacrifices herself for her lover, a partisan who has deserted. “
- Eight Legged Freaks (2002) “Venomous spiders get exposed to a noxious chemical that causes them to grow to monumental proportions. “
- Code 8 (2018) “A desperate young man possessing special powers clashes with a militarized police force after committing a petty crime. Based on the short film. “
- Eight Crazy Nights (2002) “Davey Stone, an alcoholic with a criminal record, is sentenced to community service under the supervision of an elderly referee. Davey is then faced with trying to reform and abandon his bad habits. “
- Eight Below (2006) “Brutal cold forces two Antarctic explorers to leave their team of sled dogs behind as they fend for their survival. “
- BUtterfield 8 (1960) “A Manhattan call girl has a tragic affair with a rich married man. “
- 8 novykh svidaniy (2015) “Vera and Nikita have been married for 3 years. In the midst of another joyful quarrel they exchange views on what should be a “normal man” and “a good wife.” And the next morning – everyone wakes up with a “perfect half.” Nikita has a blonde wife – a good cook; Vera has a caring husband – businessman, who buys her favorite breakfast croissants.”
- 8MM (1999) “A private investigator is hired to discover if a “snuff film” is authentic or not. “
- Eight Miles High (2007) “Akiz‘s movie focuses on the restless life of Uschi Obermaier, the icon of the 1968 movement in Germany and groupie. At the age of 16, Uschi is bored by her job in a photo lab, but soon becomes the “it girl” of Munich’s club scene. When she gets to know Rainer Langhans, they move to Berlin and live in “Kommune 1″, the first politically-motivated commune in Germany. While the other occupants claim she isn’t political enough, Uschi just wants to have fun, works as fashion model and leads international music stars in temptation…”
- 8 Minutes Idle (2012) “Based upon Matt Thorne’s award-winning novel about life in a call centre, “Eight Minutes Idle” is a warped urban comedy about what it really means to put your life ‘on hold’! Dan Thomas has always taken the path of least resistance – in his work life, home life and love life! But when Dan finds himself kicked out of the family home, he’s faced with no option but to secretly move into the call centre where he works. Suddenly, everything that he’s previously taken for granted – a well-stocked fridge, clean clothes, his friends, his self respect, even his beloved cat – are either disappearing or conspiring against him. As Dan’s work/life balance spirals dangerously out of control, he’s forced to break out of old habits and to dare to do something he has never had to do before – really care about someone other than himself.”
- Eight Masters (1977) “Rescued from his house as a child and sent to the Shaolin Temple, Chu Shiao Chieh learns the martial arts and the virtues of patience and mercy. Upon reaching manhood, Chu sets out to reunite with his blind mother and cousin. His refusal to involve himself in fighting injustices is challenged when the Eight Masters kidnap his mother as revenge for his father’s misdeeds.”
Till next time 🙂